The course of the stars of petanque
Petanque is an institution in the south of France and at camping Les Plans! That’s why our 4-star campsite regularly offers events around petanque.
For the 2021 season, we have scored a very big hit by organizing two petanque courses in partnership with OBUT.
- The Champions course: with the exceptional presence of Dylan Rocher, Mickaël Bonetto, Stéphane Robineau and Ludovic Montoro.
- The All-Star Clinic : with the exceptional presence of Philippe Quintais, Philippe Suchaud, Damien Hureau and Julien Lamour.
Boulistes members of the French team and world champions came to the campsite Les Plans to bring their know-how and expertise to petanque players and other lovers of the game of bowls.
These exceptional events of training course of improvement to the petanque are organized with our partner OBUT. It is a 2 days training course supervised by Philippe Duchein, OBUT animator.
Two formulas are proposed: DUO or SOLO in full board with accommodation in a Luxe 2CH cottage.
Description of the offer:
Petanque lessons given by our 4 world champions: Philippe Quintais, Philippe Suchaud, Damien Hureau, and Julien Lamour or by the 4 players of the French Petanque Team: Dylan Rocher, Mickaël Bonetto, Stéphane Robineau and Ludovic Montoro.
Philippe Duchein, Obut host, is available to go deeper into individual requests.
- 2 full days of training including tips, exercises, tournament and challenges against champions.
- Small working group (9 people) for more proximity with each champion.
- All trainees receive a work session and personalized coaching with each champion.
- A pure experience with pros, beautiful sports and human encounters between enthusiasts of the little ball.
With these petanque courses, our 4-star campsite in the Gard offers the opportunity to petanque enthusiasts to improve and progress alongside masters in the field. The petanque course at the campsite is an opportunity to measure yourself against champions, to test your level, but also to learn new tactics.
Whether you are a beginner, an amateur or an expert, you can take part in the pétanque campsite courses organized in partnership with OBUT. You will evolve with pros of the game of bowls, they will see immediately the possible defects and will help you to correct you and to progress!
(Indicative price on the basis of the star course of June 14 and 15, 2021)
The basic price includes the 2 days of training, breakfast on day 1, lunch on days 1 and 2, dinner on day 1, and one night in Cottage Luxe.
Several formulas are available including an arrival the day before at the end of the day, the evening meal at the restaurant, and the night in Cottage Luxe on the day of the course (total stay of two nights) :
- Solo stage with accommodation 379€ includes stage evening: evening meal + night in Cottage Luxe + breakfast).
- Duo stage with accommodation 689€ includes the evening stage: 2 evening meals + night in Cottage Luxe + 2 breakfasts).
- For accompanying persons: 99€ / person includes the evening stage: evening meal + night in Cottage Luxe + breakfast).
Possibility additional night: 50€ / person. Ideal to be on site on time at the beginning of the course, the next morning. Arrival the day before – meal at the restaurant the day before the course and 1 night in a Luxury Cottage.
- Extra night (50€): Arrival on Sunday the day before – meal at the restaurant the day before the course on Sunday evening, and 1 night in a Cottage Luxe. Ideal to be on site on time at the beginning of the course, the next morning.
- Accompanying person 1 night (99€) : Meals and breakfasts at the restaurant, the night in the same accommodation as the accompanied person.
- Accompanying person 2 nights (159€) : Meals and breakfasts at the restaurant, both nights in the same accommodation as the accompanied person.
*The accompanying person will have lunch at a different table from the trainees.
Champions and players of the French Team :
- Philippe Quintais
13 times world champion, 12 times French champion, 2 times European champion,
- Philippe Suchaud
13 times World champion, 11 times French champion, 2 times European champion,
- Damien Hureau
Champion du Monde, champion de France, et champion d’Europe.
- Julien Lamour
Champion du Monde, champion de France.
- Dylan Rocher
- Mickaël Bonetto
- Stéphane Robineau
- Ludovic Montoro
Petanque training program
Program day 1
- 8:30 a.m. Welcome and breakfast.
- 8:50am Composition of work groups with objectives to be achieved.
- 9:00 Workshops led by a champion, group of 9 people per workshop and per champion. Explanations, exercises and demonstrations of game postures, point, shoot, effects.
- 1h30 Morning debriefing.
- 12:00 Mini challenges
- 12:30 Lunch together with the champions at the Restaurant Les Plans.
- 1:30 p.m. Souvenir photo session.
- 14h00 Resumption of the workshops. Continued explanations, exercises and demonstrations point, shot, effects.
- 5pm Afternoon debriefing.
- 5:30 pm Refinement on demand.
- 18:00 End of first day.
- 20:00 Dinner taken together with the champions at Restaurant Les Plans.
Program day 2
- 8:00 a.m. Breakfast at Les Plans Restaurant.
- 8:30 a.m. Start of Day 2.
- 9:00am New progression workshops led by a champion, group of 9 people per workshop and per champion.
- 11:00 am Team challenge against a champion.
- 12:30 PM Lunch together with the champions at Les Plans Restaurant
- 2:00 p.m. “Legend cup tournament”: Team tournament, surprises at the end.
- 4:30 pm Final sprint : full size test.
- 17:00 End of the course, graduation and OBUT gifts.
The + of the course
- 2 intensive days of improvement in petanque.
- Courses taught by 4 champions of the World of Petanque
- Share special moments with the legends of petanque.
- Possibility to test OBUT products.
- Accommodation in a 4-star campsite.